Friday 18 April 2008

It Really Isn't Over Till The Fat Lady Sings


Stray what? Well, yes, exactly, that's what I thought. But that did not stop me buying all four issues of this little oddity from Bill Sienkiewicz. Which I dutifully read, bagged and slotted into my comic collection; waiting for the value to increase and my fortune to be made.

Which it never did. I sold the series on eBay a few years ago to a French man who knew pretension when he saw it and lapped it up. I think I made my money back but then again, maybe not.

But I enjoyed the actual sale more than usual due to my ex-wife sighting all four issues of Stray Toasters in our divorce settlement; along with a copper bottomed pot. I never really got her way of thinking when we were actually married and I certainly didn't get it after.

I'm not sure her lawyers did either but monkeys preform remarkably well when you pay them. I never agreed to hand over the Stray Toasters and that was that.

I think she's still singing for them now.

No comments: